These Container Mobile App Features are Crucial to Event Success
Event professionals know the benefits of having a great mobile event app. In fact, 63% of planners use event apps*. But the process of finding the right fit for your event can be a challenge. There are so many things to consider, including price, functionality, features, and ease of use—both for you and your attendees. This is further complicated by whether you’re looking for a branded app or a container app, such as the Attendify App, which houses multiple apps from different companies in a single container.
So how do you know if the container app you’re considering is a good investment? We’ve been listening to the industry, gathering feedback from event professionals as detailed in our 2018 event industry research report. Based on these findings, we’ve assembled a list of must-have container app features that help event planners maximize ROI, delight attendees and measure event success.
A well-designed container app recognizes the importance of a having a dedicated space in which to showcase your brand. The best container apps allow you to create profiles for both your organization and event within the app. This is especially critical—having a dedicated, custom-branded profile will allow you to promote your company and your event in a big way.
Multiple Access Options
Ideally, your mobile event app will have multiple ways to manage access for your event:
- Upload the Attendee List – this option allows you to upload or sync full attendee lists via list imports or integrations with popular event management software. This way, only your registered attendees can access the app by creating an account with their email address. Better yet, look for a registration platform that integrates seamlessly with your event app.
- Event Code- All great container apps will allow you to protect your events with an event code). This option is great for internal meetings and other private events. Just make sure to share the event code to your event with attendees via email and other private channels.
- One Account Login- Another great feature that great container apps simply cannot do without is one-account login capabilities. This allows attendees to create one profile to access all event apps within one container app. Another must-have feature that is often overlooked by some app providers is predictive search, which helps attendees find your event within the app.
- Open Access- This is a great option for large public events or trade shows. With open access, anyone can search for and join your event.
These detailed, color-coded and fully interactive maps within your mobile event app give attendees the ability to zoom in on specific locations on the map to find out how to get where they want to go. True interactive maps even link to all the sessions that occur in each space throughout the event.
Live Polling & Push Notifications
Leading container apps all have the ability to deploy custom quick polls that can be sent to all attendees or participants in certain sessions.
Push notifications allow you to send instant messages to your entire audience, specific groups and even individual attendees. This feature is a must-have and great for last-minute changes and reminders.
Activity Stream/Direct Messaging Capabilities
One of the best ways to get your attendees interacting and networking is through a private social network on your app. Attendees can post messages, photos, and like and comment on other users’ posts. The activity stream gives attendees an organic way to connect through direct messages, another vital feature. Direct messaging capabilities allow attendees to make deeper connections and facilitate networking, even after the event is over.
What better way to get direct feedback from attendees than by having them rate each speaker and session? Speaker and session ratings are extremely valuable because they can help improve future events. In fact, 48% of event planners are already collecting their event data*, and 72% of event planners actually utilize that event data and insights gathered to improve their events*.
Instant Publishing/Content Updates
Live events can be full of surprises, so you should be able to make changes to your mobile event app yourself that go live immediately, ensuring your information is always accurate and up to date. Unfortunately, this feature isn’t standard in all event apps, so keep an eye out for this capability when evaluating container apps.
* These stats were taken from Attendify’s 2018 Event Industry Research Report.
Attendify is the only event technology company that helps event planners build deeper relationships at events. Attendify makes it quick and easy to create, manage and update event apps, get real-time feedback and analytics, and demonstrate event success and show ROI. Attendify helps companies like Google, Bloomberg, AstraZeneca, Sage, Phillips, Autodesk, and AOL create differentiating mobile experiences for their events. The company also offers the first-ever data management platform for the event industry, empowering event organizers and marketers to harness their event data to improve marketing outcomes and event ROI. For more information or to get started building your event visit http://www.attendify.com.